Yankee Barn Homes knows building a post and beam home is both exciting and overwhelming. We have the process down pat and are highly skilled at taking you from conceptualization to build. Our in-house team, along with their ArchiCad program, allows for complete design flexibility. While building should be about personal taste, need, and comfort, as well as return on investment, these 6 features from YBH are key to a successful build.
1. Design Phase -The YBH in-house design team can take your wish list and turn it into a three dimensional reality, culminating in a virtual walk through your home. This unique experience is cost effect as most changes may be made prior to production.
2. R-Value – Additional insulation is the #1 way to save money. YBH offers high R-values in both its wall panels (26 up to 38) and its roof panels (44 to 66) to create exceptional passive energy savings. This translates to low-cost utility expenses. An additional benefit to increased insulation is an extremely quiet house.
3. Flexible Floor Plan – All Yankee Barn homes offer a great flexibility in floor plans due the post and beam frame construction. Open floor plans are the mainstay for today’s active lifestyle. YBH creates dramatic open floor plans while retaining a sense of the traditional.
4. Windows – YBH only uses Energy Star Gold Standard window products. These windows, available in a multitude of design options, increase the passive energy savings of the homes.
5. Curb Appeal – The language your home speaks when you arrive at the front door is the difference between Wow and ho-hum. YBH strong architectural elements always say WOW!”
6. Budget – Yankee Barn’s strength in pre-planning a home translates into increased budget savings. A well planned project accommodates budget requirements up front and eliminates cost over-runs during construction.
If you would like more information about Yankee Barn Home options, you can explore our floor plan options, call and talk to one of our design consultants at 800-258-9786 or fill out this short online form.