Building With Yankee Barn Homes
Here is a bit more information about Yankee Barn Homes and our product:
- We DO NOT use SIP panels – we build our 2×6, 2×8, 2×10 and 2×12 panels here in our factory.
- Our standard walls are 2×6 construction, insulated w/ 4” of polyisocyanurate with the windows preinstalled.
- The roof panels are vented and pre-insulated with drywall on the interior.
- Both the wall and roof panels have ZIP sheathing on the exterior.
- Our post and beam frame is Douglas Fir, pre-sanded and pre-stained so you don’t have to do that in the field
- We send a Supervisor with the package to help you and your team raise the shell.
You will see in the resource links below some information about special equipment and tools required regardless if we supply a full labor crew, or just our one YBH Supervisor/Laborer. If you would like to go over this information, a call can be set up between you and our head of On-Site Construction, Chris Sevigny. Our goal is to be as helpful as we possibly can so we can have a successful build together. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Here is a YouTube video of onsite construction
View images of a structural shell after it’s been constructed